If you want the best gym towel you'll need to start bringing your own.
The cotton towels you can pick up at gym receptions all around the country are terrible.
Once they get damp it becomes a treasure hunt to find a piece of cloth you can actually dry your hands with. Sweaty hands means you won't be able to hold onto anything.
If you use gym towels to dry off after a shower, well… we all know where they've been.
Workout towels should be your responsibility, so let's look at some great ones.
Today's Best Sellers
- Ideal for covering gym benches and machines and drying sweat during workouts or yoga
- Soft microfiber is super-absorbent, quick-drying and gentle on your skin
- 85% polyester/15% polyamide
- Durable and machine washable
- Package Includes: 3pc - 16" x 32" Microfiber Sports Towels
- High Quality Material: HOPESHINE microfiber gym towels are made of high quality premium microfiber(80% Polyester, 20% Polyamid) which features soft, smooth and super absorbent and quick drying.
- The Unique Spinning Technology creates such brilliant colors and professional woven fabic and fibers produce a soft and comfortable feel.
- Multi-purpose: The HOPESHINE microfiber fitness sweat towels are great for hiking, swimming, traveling, camping, and other outdoor activities . You can also use them as home face towels.
- Microfiber material; Machine Washable
- SET OF 3 MULTIPURPOSE TOWELS: large towel (50''x30'') is perfect for beach, pool, yoga and pilates - middle lightweight towel (30''x15'') is great for camping, swimming, travel and shower - small compact head towel (15''x15'') will easily fit in your gym bag or backpack and is best for gym, trekking and drying off sweat.
- SUPER ABSORBENT, FAST DRYING & ANTIBACTERIАL, NO ODOUR FROM WET TOWELS💦: OlimpiaFit 100% microfiber towels are antimicrobial - They can absorb 3-4 times their weight and dry 10 times faster than regular cotton or terrycloth towels – You don’t need to wash them so often - No more wet towels in the car – Just five minutes in the sun and you are good to go
- LIGHTWEIGHT, ULTRA COMPACT & COMFORTABLE USE: This travel towel packs 4 times smaller than regular terrycloth towel of the same size - Each size comes with a hanging loop - The elastic band makes folding super easy - Compact mesh carrying bag - Pack easily and save space for other vital items
- SOFT & HYPOALLERGENIC: Extra soft, plush microfiber is super gentle on your face, body and skin - Slip-resistant hypoallergenic surface makes it a perfect workout towel
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Your satisfaction is our top priority. We are so confident that our gym towel will rock your world that we back it up with 100% hassle-free satisfaction guarantee. If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason, we will exchange it - no questions asked
The Best Gym Towel For You
Although each athletic towel will share the qualities we've already talked about, they're obviously not the same. Each one on the market will have their own little differences to help them stand out.
We'll take a look at the most popular ones people use and focus on the reasons why they're so good. If you like the look of one you should click on it to read the unbiased reviews customers have left on Amazon.
- Desired Body Fitness Towel
- Fullbore Fitness Gym Towel
- Fit Spirit Sports Towel Set
- Gym Gekko Non-Slip Workout Towel
- Raqpak Travel Sports Towel
The is one hell of a cool towel, so if you want the most stylish one possible it's a great pick. At 44 x 16.5 inches the stretchy towel is big enough to be placed over any machine or bench inside your gym.
A microfiber gym towel will soak your sweat up in seconds, plus it's equally as good in the showers. The towel will dry very quickly and before it gets wet the total weight will come to 5.3 ounces.
One other big benefit of microfiber towels is the fact they don't smell bad. You can hang this one up on its loop to let it dry without machine washing it every single time you go to the gym.
- No itchy labels will get in the way when drying
- Microfiber towel reinforced with silky border
- Hanging loop means it doesn't have to lie on floor
- Only comes in a couple of different styles
- Still needs to be washed every couple of workouts
This microfiber fitness towel instantly wicks the sweat from your body, which will give you a far greater workout. It's always easier to lift heavier weights when you're feeling dry and comfortable.
At 26 x 40 inches it's large enough for anyone to use. It can be wrung out multiple times during your workout and won't end up smelling bad. Like the other exercise towels it can be washed hundreds of times, which makes the price seem unbelievable.
When you're drying yourself you'll notice the towel feels extremely comfortable on your skin. It's designed to be used for different things like swimming, yoga, and even taking to the beach.
- Extremely compact for a large gym towel
- Never leaves any lint once you've wiped down
- Has a hook loop to hang it from things in gym
- Too small to wrap around you after shower
- Only comes in four basic styles
This microfiber fitness towel set is a little different because you'll get two in the pack. Each one will be a separate size. You'll get a sports towel 24 x 72 inches accompanied by a 15 x 24 inches hand towel.
Even the small one is a great towel for gym use if you're just using it to keep your hands dry for those heavy snatches. The microfiber technology will give you a very absorbent towel with superior drying properties as always.
Even though you'll have two fast drying towels to carry around they'll still hardly take up any space inside your gym bag. Unlike the other towels we've looked at so far these ones also come in eye-catching colors.
- Great for other activities like yoga and swimming
- The towels are thicker than you'll usually find
- Can be machine washed and tumble dried
- Will move around on yoga mat unless a little damp
- It can feel sticky when it's very wet
This might not be the best towel for showering with because it's been specially designed for inside the gym. It has invisible silicone lines on the back side of the towel to stop it from slipping off benches and machines.
It's 15 x 24 inches in size, so more than capable of covering anything and protecting you from germs. Once it's wet it's going to dry 5 times faster than cotton, plus it's still comfortable even if it's not fully dry.
The microfiber material is very absorbent and will allow you to keep your hands dry all the way through your session. It shouldn't need wrung out unless you're working out inside a sauna.
- The non-slip silicone lines are brilliant
- It won't take up any space in your gym bag
- Each side of the towel serves a different purpose
- You only have a couple of colors to choose from
- It won't completely cover long benches
This microfiber sports towel is lighter than most you'll find available today, yet it will still absorb 3 times more water than a standard cotton towel. It's an important feature if you work hard inside the gym and sweat a lot.
It comes in a few different sizes and they range from small to extra large. The small gym towels are 40 x 20 inches and the largest one is 70 x 39 inches, so each one can be used for a number of different things.
Every athletic towel will come with a hook, so you don't need to throw it on the floor. It will also come with a little pouch to make carrying it around in your gym bag a lot easier.
- Treated with antibacterial agents to prevent mold
- A huge number of colors and styles to choose from
- Larger ones can easily be used for showering
- Wash on its own first to avoid color bleeding
- Ends might start to fray after extensive use
Advantages Of A Microfiber Gym Towel
A microfiber gym towel is a lot more absorbent than one you'll find in the bathroom. This is important because you're going to sweat a lot while you're at the gym when you are training hard.
You don't want to be carrying around a large towel that could fill a swimming pool if you wrung it out. You'll always find a place to dry your hands when it's essential for exercises like deadlifts and power cleans.
Another thing you'll love about a proper fitness towel is how portable they actually are. When you throw a large cotton towel in your gym bag it will take up lots of space, but you won't know a sports towel is there.
It's going to make things easier when you're walking around the gym too. Microfiber sports towels are so thin you won't notice you're carrying one around with you. A normal one should roll up until it's the size of your fist.
A cotton towel might last a while in the comfort of your own home, but in a gym environment it's going to get bashed up pretty quick. On the other side of the equation, the best gym towel could possibly last you years.
The material it's made from will help it look almost brand new for a long time. You don't want an ugly towel if you're a member of a nice gym, plus the extra durability of a microfiber sports towel means you'll have to buy them less frequently.
These workout towels don't need to be bone dry when you take them to the gym, so you could easily throw them in your bag at your convenience. In fact, they don't need to be washed in between sessions and could be left in your bag because they don't stink.
They can also be squeezed and when the water is gone your small gym towel will be able to do its job again. You'll never have to throw an extra towel into your gym bag just in case, unless you want a separate one for showering.
The Best Gym Towel To Suit Your Needs
As you can see, we've covered a huge variety of gym towels today and each one has its positives and negatives. Do you want a large towel you can use in the shower after the gym? Do you need one that won't slip on the benches?
Hopefully you already know by know which microfiber workout towel you like best. Now you should click on the appropriate link if you want to read hundreds of unbiased views from Amazon customers who have been using them on a regular basis.